When it comes to storing your belongings, taking the right precautions upfront is paramount in maintaining the condition of your goods while they are stored. American Classic Storage has compiled the tips below to assist you in a positive storage experience.
Helpful Storage Tips
- Inspect your storage unit at the time of rental to be sure it will accommodate everything you plan to store.
- Determine the packing accessories you will need: boxes, bubble wrap, packing paper, tape, and mattress and furniture covers.
- Fill containers to capacity; partially full or bulging cartons may tip or collapse.
- Heavy items like books or tools should be packed in small boxes so they are easy to lift.
- Protect your fragile goods with packaging and place them near the top of your storage space.
- Inventory your goods on a list for easy reference while packing and label your boxes
- Remember, liquid screen televisions and computer monitors can freeze and break in a non-climate controlled unit.
- Never place or stack items directly on the concrete floor that could be damaged by water. Leave air space around the perimeter to aid ventilation.
- To prevent mold and mildew, never move during a rainstorm.
- Use all the space available, including the height.
- Place frequently used goods near the door and leave a walkway to the rear of your space for easy access.